- 1⁄2 cup of buttermilk, 80°–90°F
- 2⁄3 cup of unsalted butter, 1⁄2-inch pieces at room temperature
- 2 eggs, large, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups of mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 2⁄3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup of chopped walnuts
Instructions – how to make banana walnut loaf:
Place ingredients, in order listed, in bread pan fitted with kneading paddle. Place in Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker. Press Menu and select Quick Bread/Cake. Press Crust and select Medium (or to taste). Press Loaf and select dough size. Press Start to mix and bake. After batter has mixed for 4 minutes, stir sides and bottom of bread pan with rubber scraper to ensure complete mixing. Allow to continue mixing. When tone sounds, press Pause and remove kneading paddle if desired. Press Start to continue baking. When cycle is completed, remove bread from machine and transfer to wire rack to cool. Bread slices best when allowed to cool. If not serving after cooling, wrap in plastic wrap to maintain freshness when completely cooled.
Makes a 2 pound loaf.
Banana bread is a kind of bread that is made using mashed fully ready bananas. It is a moist, fairly sweet, cake-like loaf of bread. Banana bread very first started to be a regular element of US cookbooks with the popularization of baking soda along with baking powder in the 1930s, was published in Pillsbury’s 1933 Balanced Recipes cookbook, later on received more popularity with the launch of the first Chiquita Banana’s Recipe Book in 1950.