- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions – how to make strawberry banana bread:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease and flour loaf pans or line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter or a vegetable spray.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and mashed banana.
Add the melted butter to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or you will end up with tough bread.
Place batter in loaf pan, 3 mini loaf pans, or 12 muffin cups.
Put in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a loaf comes clean about 30-35 min.
If you made muffins 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 1 large loaf, or 3 mini loaves, or 12 regular sized muffins.