- 2/3 cup each all-purpose flour, white whole wheat flour, and almond meal
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, shmooshed into oblivion
- 2 tablespoons each plain yogurt and sour cream (or 1/4 cup of either one)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 stick butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 teaspoon each almond extract and vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Instructions – how to make almond-scented chocolate chip banana bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray and dust it with flour. Tap out the excess.
In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, almond meal, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
In a medium bowl, stir together the shmooshed bananas, yogurt, sour cream, eggs, butter, and both extracts.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry.
Toss in the mini chocolate chips.
Use a rubber spatula to fold the lot together just until everything is evenly moistened but no further.
Bake for 55 minutes precisely, or until a tester emerges unmarred. The loaf will be deep brown.
Cool completely before even thinking of unmolding onto a wire rack.